Spring is upon us and whenever it hits this time of year, I fall in love with flowers all over again....I see them blooming when my family and I take our afternoon walk...the colors are just amazing and flowers, well, simply, make me happy!
I was SO excited when I was asked to review the Flower Duet DVD. This DVD gives you step by step instructions on how to choose your flowers, how to condition your flowers and how to arrange them so that you end up with a beautiful bouquet; the tutorial shows you how to create a centerpiece, European wrap/hand-tied bouquet and a tall organic arrangement.
I think what I learned the most was how to choose proper flowers and how to condition; this was a step I lacked before this DVD and that is why they never lasted that long. I bought my flowers, remembering the "rules" for choosing good flowers and my bouquet last almost 2 weeks!...that is MUCH longer than they usually last in this house (I have a bit of a black thumb).
Now, I can't say I made the most beautiful arrangement, but I do think that it came out nice (better than it normally would have!). I really wanted to make an arrangement using roses and/or tulips but when I went to buy flowers, there were none; so I eneded up using stargazer Lilly's, carnations and some greenery.
Once I had my arrangement out...I was so happy with it...like I said..flowers just make me happy.
OK...Onto the giveaway!
Entry will be closed at 11:59PM, Arpil 15, 2010. An e-mail will be sent to the winner and they will have 48 hours to e-mail me their address. (I will put CLOSED in the title of the post when entry is closed) **Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only**
Remember to leave your email address in a comment so that I have a way to get in contact with you!
Here are ways to earn Entries (Leave a new comment for each way you entered!):
1. REQUIRED: Visit Flower Duet and view their flower gallery and tell me which flower you love best.
2. Follow MamaSavesMoney on Twitter; to do so, Click HERE and choose to follow.
3. Vote for my blog on Top Mommy Blogs- Just click HERE. (you can do this once per day)
4. 2 entries- Publicly Follow my blog.
5. Subscribe to my blog.
6. 3 entries -Blog about this giveaway on your blog. Post the link to your blog in a comment so I can check it out. Make sure you comment 3 times so you get all of your entries!
7. Tweet about this giveaway (leave a link so I can see). Use the following info to tweet: #win Floral arrangement DVD by flowerduet @mamasavesmoney blog #giveaway http://bit.ly/bkHmrb
8. Become a Mommy Saves Money Facebook Fan by clicking HERE.
9. Do a Facebook Status update about this giveaway, with a link to this giveaway. (Post a link to your "profile" in a comment so I can check it out!)
10. 2 entries- Grab my blog button and add it to your blog. Post a link to your blog so I can check it out and make sure to leave 2 separate comments for your two entries!
11. Become a Facebook Fan of FlowerDuet by clicking HERE and leave a comment on their facebook fan page saying that you found them through "Mommy Saves Money" blog.
And since my little girl is Lilly, I just had to take a picture of her amongst the Lily's!
I received this instructional DVD in order to do a honest review. All opinions are solely my own. Others may have different opinions. I did not receive monetary compensation for writing this review. Many thanks to Kit and Casey and Flower Duet for letting me do a review of this product!