Tuesday, April 13, 2010

First Completed Goal

So I finished my 101 in 1001 list; you can find my entire list HERE. For those of you who aren't sure of what 101 in 1001 is, it is a list of 101 goals that I hope to complete in 1001 days! I started this on April 7, 2010 and I have until January 2, 2013 to complete my goals!

Anyhow, I completed my first goal! One of my goals was to make my own cleaning solutions. Now that Lilly is older and is pretty close to becoming more mobile (she is trying super hard to crawl but isn't getting anywhere quite yet), I wanted to have cleaners that were safe for her...I have no idea what is in the commercial cleaners I buy and that makes me nervous.

So I did some Googling and found some recipes for homemade cleaning solutions! I made 3 different cleaning solutions:

1) All purpose Cleaner

-tsp of borax
-4TBSP of vinegar
-32oz of hot water
-20 drops of essential oil (optional)
-Spray Bottle

2) Tub and Tile Cleaner

-Squeeze Bottle (a spray bottle won't work for this because the liquid is too thick...I used an old commercial dish washing soap bottle)
-Mix 1 and 2/3 cups of baking soda, 1/2 cup of liquid soap and 1/2 cup of water in a bowl. Stir with a fork until all lumps are gone and pour into your squeeze bottle.

3) Bathroom Mold Cleaner

I know, gross right? But when you don't have a window in the bathroom, sometimes it is just hard to avoid.
-1/2 cup of hydrogen peroxide
-1 cup water
-spray bottle
*Wait 1 hour before rinsing after you spray the affected area.
**tea tree oil can also be used for bathroom mold

So 1 down, 100 more to go!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and, sorry missed this earlier, since you mentioned safer for your daughter I should point out that borax is extremely toxic. I use it too (in laundry only though) but its one of the things that gets locked up. I actually make most of my cleaners w/ vinegar & baking soda alone... I do use peroxide, alcohol & tto some (starting to use the tto mix a lot more), but those mixes I'm more careful with too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails