Recently I was sent a Good Earth Dry Dinner Kit to review. I was sent the Mediterranean chicken with angel hair pasta. I wasn't too sure how I would feel about this meal as I don't usually eat boxed foods but I wanted to give it a shot because with a mobile, attention-demanding baby, it is hard to get dinner cooked.
This meal is ready in about 20 minutes from start to finish and I used far less dishes that I normally do when cooking...less clean up! I LOVE that! This meal was really super easy to prepare. The meal came with almost everything I needed; all I had to have besides the boxed dinner is 1/4 milk, EVOO, and 1 cup of hot water....things we always have. The instructions said to buy chicken breasts and slice them like tenders so to make my life even easier, I bought chicken that was already sliced in that manner. I coated the chicken with the spiced flour, browned it and then added the Mediterranean spices, cream sauce, water and milk...and let it simmer for 8 minutes. Seriously, SO easy. Oh and I boiled the whole grain pasta.
As I was cooking it, my husband came in and commented on how good it smelled and let me tell you..it tasted really good too. I was pleasantly surprised as I don't normally like or make boxed meals. But seriously, this did not taste like a boxed meal. Delicious!
And this is a huge selling point for me: 100% whole grain, no trans fat, no artificial flavors, no artifical preservatives, no MSG- just add meat and, voila! Dinner is served! No guilt! And I am guessing that if you wanted to go an even healthier route, you could probably bake the chicken and add the seasoning, milk, etc. just as you would in the pan.
Sadly, I forgot to take a picture of the end result before I scarfed it all down...seriously, it was that good! I am really excited to try some of the other selections that Good Earth provides!
Coming to stores this June, Good Earth dry dinner kits offer a selection of four delectable meals:
Mediterranean Chicken with angel hair pasta,
Spicy Citrus Glazed Shrimp with angel hair pasta,
Herb Crusted Chicken with mushroom risotto
and Tuscan Chicken with penne pasta.
Oh and did I mention my kit came with a cute little bamboo set and 100% recyclable bag? So awesome! I am especially in love with my little bamboo cutting board! It comes in handy when preparing Lilly's meals!
Good Earth and MyBlogSpark has generously offered one Mommy Saves Money reader a Good Earth Gift pack that includes a Good Earth Mediterranean Chicken dry dinner kit, two sets of bamboo flatware, two bamboo dishes, a bamboo utility board and a 100% recyclable grocery tote.
Entry will be closed at 11:59PM, July 17, 2010. An e-mail will be sent to the winner and they will have 48 hours to e-mail me their address. (I will put CLOSED in the title of the post when entry is closed) **Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only**
Remember to leave your email address in a comment so that I have a way to get in contact with you!
REQUIRED: You must do this step to enter this giveaway; if you do not complete this step, "extra" entries will not count and you will not be able to win this giveaway prize.
1. Please leave a comment sharing which new flavor of Good Earth dry dinner kits you would like to try.
Want more chances to win? Here are ways to get some extra entries!
2. Follow MamaSavesMoney on Twitter; to do so, Click HERE and choose to follow.
3. Vote for my blog on Top Mommy Blogs- Just click HERE. (you can do this once per day)
4. 2 entries- Publicly Follow my blog.
5. 2 entries- Subscribe to my blog.
6. 3 entries -Blog about this giveaway on your blog. Post the link to your blog in a comment so I can check it out. Make sure you comment 3 times so you get all of your entries!
7. Tweet about this giveaway (leave a link so I can see/can be done daily). Use the following info to tweet: Win a Good Earth Dry Dinner Kit @mamasavesmoney blog #giveaway http://bit.ly/bU2hDh
8. Become a Mommy Saves Money Facebook Fan by clicking HERE.
9. Do a Facebook Status update about this giveaway, with a link to this giveaway. (Post a link to your "profile" in a comment so I can check it out!)
10. 2 entries- Grab my blog button and add it to your blog. Post a link to your blog so I can check it out and make sure to leave 2 separate comments for your two entries!