Little Green Books sent me 5 different eco-friendly books that help teach children (and parents) the importance of recycling, helping keep our planet clean, pollution, global warming and more!
I also think that it is wonderful that these books are made up of recycled materials...it reiterates the importance of recycling and what can be produced from it....a great lesson for children.
I received the following 5 books to review:
I Can Save the Ocean:
This book is all about how we can help save the ocean...I wanted Lilly to have this book because we live in California, very close to ocean and I think it is important to teach our kids to respect the ocean and keep it clean...Lakes too..I mean, I LOVE Lake Tahoe...it is unbelievably gorgeous but it wouldn't be that way if we didn't take care of it. Lilly is too young to understand all this now but we still read it to her now and will teach her when she is older. She did really seem to love the bright colors in this book.
This is Our World
I thought this was a great book to get because it shows our worlds cultural diversity. It also goes on to teach children about recycling, reducing pollution and more.
The Adventures of the Aluminum Can
This was a must have book for us. Recycling is important and I don't think that most people really understand what recycling entails. This books shows you exactly what happens in the recycling process. I love this book because both my husband and I are BIG into baseball. I went to college on a softball scholarship and he went to college to play baseball as well (we are both catchers too!)..anyhow...we know that baseball/softball is something that Lilly will be around and be introduced too so I think it would be really cool to teach her how that aluminum bat came to be!
This is by far Lilly's favorite book at this point. It is a soft, fleece book and she is absolutely enamored with the little Panda that is sewn on the front cover...she loves playing with the little ears that aren't sewn completely down...so she can fiddle with them...it keeps her entertained for quite some time!
And she even likes to cuddle with it and rest her head on it like a pillow...ADORABLE!!! =)
The Polar Bears' Home
I partially chose this book because I think polar bears are one of the cutest animals in the world...I just love them and I think most kids do too! But I also chose this book because it helps teach children about global warming. It is just another tool to use to help teach Lilly and other kids about global warming and what we can do to help.
Entry will be closed at 11:59PM, June 25, 2010. An e-mail will be sent to the winner and they will have 48 hours to e-mail me their address. (I will put CLOSED in the title of the post when entry is closed) **Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only**
Remember to leave your email address in a comment so that I have a way to get in contact with you!
Here are ways to earn Entries (Leave a new comment for each way you entered!):
Visit Little Green Books and tell me one thing you'd like to try.
Want more chances to win? Here are ways to get some extra entries!
2. Follow MamaSavesMoney on Twitter; to do so, Click HERE and choose to follow.
3. Vote for my blog on Top Mommy Blogs- Just click HERE. (you can do this once per day)
4. 2 entries- Publicly Follow my blog.
5. 2 entries- Subscribe to my blog.
6. 3 entries -Blog about this giveaway on your blog. Post the link to your blog in a comment so I can check it out. Make sure you comment 3 times so you get all of your entries!
7. Tweet about this giveaway (leave a link so I can see/can be done daily). Use the following info to tweet: #win 5 books from Little Green Books! @mamasavesmoney blog #giveaway http://bit.ly/bwJTcB
9. Become a Mommy Saves Money Facebook Fan by clicking HERE.
10. Subscribe to the Little Green Blog
11. Do a Facebook Status update about this giveaway, with a link to this giveaway. (Post a link to your "profile" in a comment so I can check it out!)
12. 2 entries- Grab my blog button and add it to your blog. Post a link to your blog so I can check it out and make sure to leave 2 separate comments for your two entries!
I received this product in order to do a honest review. All opinions are solely my own. Others may have different opinions. I did not receive monetary compensation for writing this review. Many thanks to Little Green Books for letting me do a review of this product!