Goodwrench is putting out a great PSA for all of out there, regarding tire wear. With summer road trips, lots of trips to the baby store and much more, it is super important to keep your eyes on your tires.
Here is some great info/tips that Goodwrench has sent me:
- According to the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA,) 660 fatalities and 33,000 injuries occur every year due to tire-related problems.
- Keeping your family vehicle’s tires inflated to the recommended pounds per square inch (psi) will not only save on gas, but will provide a safer ride.
- It’s important to keep in mind that during the warm weather of summer, hot road surfaces can cause the pressure to increase in a tire. As a general rule, for every 10-degree rise in temperature, a tire’s pressure increases one psi.
- Invest in a quality tire gauge! Eyeballing tires to measure pressure can be misleading, as radial tires often look fine even if they are under-inflated.
-And by the way, be sure to rotate your tires on schedule. Since each tire performs different tasks (such as steering or front versus rear wheel drive), tires wear at different rates, and you’ll get more life out of the tires you bought this way.
Goodwrench is providing TWO prize packs for two winner for this giveaway. The prize pack contains the official baseball cap that the Goodwrench technicians wear and a tire-tread card that the technicians use. I am especially excited about the tire-tread card for you all...it is a neat little card on a lanyard that you can keep in your card that will allow you to correctly evaluate the treads of your tire and lets you know how much life is left in them.
Entry will be closed at 11:59PM, September 14, 2010. An e-mail will be sent to the winners and they will have 48 hours to e-mail me their address. (I will put CLOSED in the title of the post when entry is closed) **Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only**
Remember to leave your email address in a comment so that I have a way to get in contact with you!
Here are ways to earn Entries (Leave a new comment for each way you entered!):
REQUIRED: You must do these two steps to enter this giveaway; if you do not complete this step, "extra" entries will not count and you will not be able to win this giveaway prize.
1. Please visit Goodwrench and tell me one thing you learned about tires.
2. Publicly follow my blog.
Want more chances to win? Here are ways to get some extra entries!
2. Follow MamaSavesMoney on Twitter; to do so, Click HERE and choose to follow.
3. Vote for my blog on Top Mommy Blogs- Just click HERE. (you can do this once per day)
4. 2 entries- Subscribe to my blog.
5. 3 entries -Blog about this giveaway on your blog. Post the link to your blog in a comment so I can check it out. Make sure you comment 3 times so you get all of your entries!
6. Become a Mommy Saves Money Facebook Fan by clicking HERE.
7. 2 entries- Grab my blog button and add it to your blog. Post a link to your blog so I can check it out and make sure to leave 2 separate comments for your two entries!