CLOSED: Winner is AppleMomma! Congratulations!
I was lucky enough to be sent some samples from the mompreneurs of Boogie Wipes and they came at the perfect time; cold and flu season is really strong this year and with my husband being a teacher and being exposed to hundreds of snotty, sticky hands every day, no matter how much he tries to stay germ free, he is sure enough to bring something home. Unfortunately, Lilly caught a cold and was stuffy and crusty around the nose....I figured saline drops and a little bulb syringe should do the trick, well, she HATES saline drops with a passion and the bulb syringe, well, she is likely to get violent with her arms and legs as soon as she sees that thing!...even at 4 months old, she knows what she doesn't like and will let you know!
Sometimes I would just bare down and just do the saline drops and bulb syringe because it needed to be done but really, she hated it and I hated doing it because she hates it so much....A couple days into her cold, the boogie wipes arrived at my door step...the mailman so nicely POUNDED on the door to let me know they were here (while Lilly was napping of course!). Anyhow...when she woke up from her nap, I thought, we'd give these a shot...she usually doesn't let me get anywhere near her nose (unless we are in the tub...for some reason, it is okay to clean her nose a bit when we are in there!...go figure!)....I figured, she couldn't hate them anymore than she does the bulb syringe and saline drops!
I took the boogie wipe out of the package (and oh my goodness, did it smell delicious!...i'll go over all the smells later!), and it is a good sized wipe...not too big and not too small. I did a real quick sweep on her nose just to see if she was going to scream her little head off and she didn't...so I went back in for a more "detailed clean" and got all the crusties and boogies....guess, what? She didn't mind it at all! I'm not sure if it is because of the smell of the wipes or because they are so soft and soothing due to the vitamin E, chamomile and aloe....all I know, is she didn't hate it and I could get her nose all cleaned up and keep her from getting that dry, chapped nose!
I like these so much better than using a baby wipe because first, they smell delicious! They come in three scents: magic menthol scent, great grape scent and fresh scent. My favorite scent is the fresh scent....it smells so clean and just has this pure aroma too it...it's really hard to explain. My husbands favorite scent was great grape...it takes him back to his childhood days filled with grape kool-aid and purple otter pops (Alexander the Grape Otter Pops to be exact, he says!). Magic Menthol wasn't our favorite smell but it doesn't smell bad and it reminds us both of things you use when you are trying to feel better, because of the strong potency that menthol has...I feel like if I just sniff the wipe that my nose feels cleaner! Lilly seemed to like all the scents...no favorites yet but I'm sure when she is older, she'll choose a favorite!
We also love using these wipes for her nose rather than baby wipes because they are alcohol free, hypoallergenic, and they moisturize with vitamin E, Chamomile and aloe while having a unique formula that dissolves mucus.
Now...I began thinking and became a little curious how these would feel on my nose...so, I'm not gonna lie...I tried them and so did my husband...we both LOVE them! You can really feel the moisturizer in them and it leaves you feeling so fresh and clean...and the menthol scent really leaves you feeling like you can breathe a little easier...like it really opens up your airways. I gotta say, I have retired my Kleenex and am now a full time boogie wipes user...who says there only for kids!
I definitely give this product 5 out of 5 giggles!
Now onto the giveaway!
The lovely momprenuers of Boogie Wipes are sponsoring a giveaway and one lucky "Mommy Saves Money" reader will win 2 packs of 30-count wipes (fresh, grape, menthol..your choice!).
Entry will be closed at 11:59PM, March 21, 2010. An e-mail will be sent to the winner and they will have 48 hours to e-mail me their address. (I will put CLOSED in the title of the post when entry is closed) **Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only**
Remember to leave your email address in a comment so that I have a way to get in contact with you!
Here are ways to earn Entries (Leave a new comment for each way you entered!):
1. Follow Boogie Wipes on Twitter; to do so, Click HERE and choose to follow.
2. Vote for my blog on Top Mommy Blogs- Just click HERE. Leave a comment saying you did so to receive credit.
3. Follow my blog- If you are already a follower, just post a comment so you get "credit" for being a follower.
4. Join the Boogie Bunch by clicking HERE and signing up. Post a comment so you get "credit" for joining the Boogie Bunch!
5. Become a Facebook Fan of Boogie Wipes and post a comment for "credit"
6. Subscribe to my blog- If you are already a subscriber, just post a comment so you get "credit" for subscribing.
7. 3 entries -Blog about this giveaway on your blog. Post the link to your blog in a comment so I can check it out. Make sure you comment 3 times so you get all of your entries!
6. Tweet about this giveaway with a link to my blog with a link to the giveaway...just click the "tweet" button at the end of this post (Post a link to your "profile" in a comment so I can check it out!)
7. Follow me on Twitter by clicking HERE. Leave a comment saying you did so to receive credit.
8. Do a Facebook Status update about this giveaway, with a link to this giveaway. (Post a link to your "profile" in a comment so I can check it out!)
9. 2 entries- Grab my blog button and add it to your blog. Post a link to your blog so I can check it out and make sure to leave 2 separate comments for your two entries!
Boogie On and Good Luck!