Saturday, March 27, 2010

bbphone Iphone App Review

I was recently given the opportunity to review the bbphone iPhone app and I have to say...it is really cool! Even at just 5 months, this app kept my Lilly entertained and when she would get a bit grumpy, this app helped grab her attention and calm her down...and I am willing to bet that this would definitely keep your toddler entertained as well!

So what does it do? This app acts as a play phone on your iPhone or iPod Touch. There are 4 different functions. You can set it as a phone and the numbers beep like they do when you touch the keys. You can also set the phone to animal or horns. When it is set to animals, when you push the keys, you will hear different animal sounds and the animal that is associated with that sound appears at the top of the phone screen. My daughter REALLY loved the horns. When you set the app to horns, the keys make different honking noises (car, truck, and train whistle).


Another great feature for this app is the songs the keys play; if you hold down the pound key, a list of songs come up, you choose your song and the keys move and play your song! There are 16 different classic songs to choose from.

The other cool feature on this app and probably my favorite as well as Lilly's is the ability to "break" the keys; if you shake your iPhone or iPod touch, the keys break and roll all over the screen. You then have to put the keys back into their correct position (a great way to help your kids learn numbers in a fun way!)

Of all the baby apps I have downloaded onto my phone, this is actually my favorite. Many of the "lite" or free versions of baby apps are so limited and don't provide a lot of variety, yet the full versions are not inexpensive in terms of app costs (most can be purchased for $3.99 or $4.99)

This bbphone app can be downloaded for just $0.99. I definitely think this app is worth 99 cents and actually, I would jump on the chance to purchase it at this price before it becomes popular and the price increases!

You can find more information about this application at the following website: http://www.jcquan.com/iPhone/Framework/Pages/phoneApps/bbPhone.html




I received this app in order to do a honest review. All opinions are solely my own. Others may have different opinions. I did not receive monetary compensation for writing this review. Many thanks to Jeff Quan and bbphone for letting me do a review of this application!

1 comment:

  1. I bought this app for Monkey and she LOVES it :) Thanks

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails