Comment #73 is the winner!! Congratulations Bebemiqui
As promised, our "Changing 2 Cloth" event is here! Our first review and giveaway item is a cloth diaper from Offspring! Offspring on Etsy has some of the cutest cloth diaper designs...I saw them and fell in love instantly!
Offspring sent me two diapers; a "decorative" diaper and a "plain" diaper. I had a hard time choosing which decorative one to go with because they are all so cute but I ended up choosing the "red and pink swirls". For the plain diaper, I went with the chocolate brown.
So what is the difference between the decorative and the plain diaper? The difference is that the decorative cotton fabric will give the fluid a place to escape to, once the insert is saturated, so they don't last as long as the plain diapers. For this reason, I used the decorative diapers for the day time and the plain during the day and/or the night.
Here is some information on the construction of the diapers:
Pocket diapers are constructed with a soft Micro Chamois interior. Considered softer and more resilient than regular microfleece, this remarkable fabric helps keep baby dry. Let the microfleece “roll-out” as this feature actually helps prevent leakage. The exterior is a waterproof PUL. No need for a diaper cover. Generous elastic around legs and back allow for a snug fit. Velcro (Aplix) strip and crossover tab allows for a wide variety of adjustments. Each diaper comes with one microfiber/flannel insert. Microfiber holds more fluid and is less bulky than other fibers and makes for a slender fit. This versatile insert can be folded to give three layers of microfiber absorbency in the pocket OR used in a diaper cover (flannel side touching baby). Keep these inserts to use when baby reaches Medium or Large size as a "doubler".
First, I have to say that they are these diapers fit Lilly better than any other diaper we have...the velcro strip along the top really allows you to make the most snug and proper fit.
You can pull the tabs all the way on top of the top velcro piece or you can attach it to the long strip if you need it a bit bigger. This is definitely my favorite part of this diaper...I can't even begin to explain how well these fit Lilly....AND they're cute!!!
And the other great thing I love about Offspring cloth diapers is the inserts. They aren't one strip of thin microfleece...it is a wide squared shaped insert that you fold...so you can adjust the size to fit your diaper perfectly by making it as wide or as thin as you need!
Now the drawback we had with the decorative diaper is that Lilly is a heavy wetter so she did soak through these rather quickly and since the decorative cotton fabric will give the fluid a place to escape to, once the insert is saturated, she ended up with a rash. I was SO bummed when she got the rash because it is just the cutest diaper and fits her perfectly. But we found a solution for my heavy wetter...I just use 2 inserts when using this decorative diaper and we use it in the day only, not at night. Now she can still sport her cute cloth diaper!
Now, the plain diaper, we had absolutely no problems with and it was just as great fitting as the decorative. We can use this one in the day and all night. It is fabulous!
You can really see what a great snug fit these diapers create....
If I had to choose my favorite, I would go with the plain diaper since Lilly is a heavy wetter and I have no worries with the plain diaper....but I LOVE sporting the cute cloth diaper during the day!
Onto the Giveaway!
Entry will be closed at 11:59PM, May 3, 2010. An e-mail will be sent to the winner and they will have 48 hours to e-mail me their address. (I will put CLOSED in the title of the post when entry is closed) **Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only**
Remember to leave your email address in a comment so that I have a way to get in contact with you!
Here are ways to earn Entries (Leave a new comment for each way you entered!):
1. REQUIRED: Visit Offspring and leave a comment on which diaper you would choose if you won (don't worry, you won't be held to this choice!).
2. Follow MamaSavesMoney on Twitter; to do so, Click HERE and choose to follow.
3. Vote for my blog on Top Mommy Blogs- Just click HERE.
4. 2 entries-Publicly Follow my blog.
5. Subscribe to my blog.
6. 3 entries -Blog about this giveaway on your blog. Post the link to your blog in a comment so I can check it out. Make sure you comment 3 times so you get all of your entries!
7. Tweet about this giveaway (leave a link so I can see/can be done daily). Use the following info to tweet: #win baby a offspring cloth diaper @mamasavesmoney blog #giveaway #clothdiaper http://bit.ly/anN6YC
8. Become a Mommy Saves Money Facebook Fan by clicking HERE.
9. Do a Facebook Status update about this giveaway, with a link to this giveaway. (Post a link to your "profile" in a comment so I can check it out!)
10. 2 entries- Grab my blog button and add it to your blog. Post a link to your blog so I can check it out and make sure to leave 2 separate comments for your two entries!
I received this product in order to do a honest review. All opinions are solely my own. Others may have different opinions. I did not receive monetary compensation for writing this review. Many thanks to Offspring for letting me do a review of this product!